You’re Hired! Leveraging Your Network: Job Search Strategies That Work – Paperback
Looking for work?
Many job search industry professionals say that networking is the single most effective strategy for landing your next job. How’s your networking working?
You may think you don’t know anyone who can help you with your job search. But you know more people than you think, and they are willing to help you. However, you need to reach out and connect with them first.
You’re Hired! Leveraging Your Network – Job Search Strategies That Work, offers tactics to help you reach out to build and leverage your personal and professional network.
“It’s not who you know… it’s who knows you know…”
You’re Hired! Leveraging Your Network — Job Search Strategies That Work puts you to work in learning how to use ‘best practices’ to create a professional network that will increase your success in landing your job.
The content is excerpted from You’re Hired! Job Search Strategies That Work, with bonus articles covering a range of frequently asked questions about professional networking.
Networking… is work. Your immediate job is to let people know ‘what’ you know and get to know ‘who’ they know. Your next connection may be looking for a candidate to fill an open position.
Your task is to become the only choice. The right choice!
Do any of these points resonate with you?
- You are tired, bored… of your current job and want to secure a better, more rewarding job than the one you currently have.
- You want to land your dream job in the field of your choosing.
- You are new to the work force and are looking for a great first job.
- You are returning to the workforce after an extended absence and want a job where you can use your life experiences.
But just haven’t managed to because…
- You’re not sure how to update or even create a resume.
- You haven’t a clue as to where to begin.
- You feel nervous about going for a job interview.
- You lack confidence or feel that you aren’t good enough.
- You’ve had bad experiences with job searching in the past.
- You don’t know how to get references.
- You suffer from imposter syndrome, feel embarrassed, too old, too young, too whatever…
From the Author Rae A. Stonehouse…
Don’t make the same mistakes I made…
Mistake #1: Having a curriculum vitae style of resume, rather than a modern, functional one.
Mistake #2: Not having a thorough understanding of the job requirements before interviewing.
Mistake #3: Not having influential, easily accessible references in place.
Mistake #4: Not being prepared to strategically answer questions in the job interview that highlight you as the best applicant.
Mistake #5: Crafting your resume in a way that highlights your needs rather than illustrating how you can solve a problem for the employer.
Let me be your guide!
Don’t struggle on your own!
I am here to help you!
Here is what we will be covering in the book…
This program provides strategic techniques to maximize your job searching effectiveness, such as:
- How to use best practices to craft & fine-tune your resume
- How to target your resume to a specific job
- How to write an attention-grabbing cover letter… or not
- How to market your transferrable skills
- How to factor keywords into your resume for better results
… and much more!
Leveraging Your Network Sample Chapters
Here is a sample of the first few chapters in the You’re Hired! Leveraging Your Network audio book narrated by Mike, a Google generated AI.