You’re Hired! Resume Tactics: Job Search Strategies That Work – Audio
In times of tough job markets, getting invited for a job interview can be like winning a lottery.
It is often said that “resumes are your ticket to job searching success.” Are your resumes ready to land you that ever-elusive job
Yes, you read that right. Resumes… plural. The days of one-size-fits-all resumes are long gone.
Your resume needs to be a living, breathing document that you customize for each job opportunity.
You won’t win a lottery if you don’t have a ticket and you are unlikely to be invited for a job interview if you don’t have a dynamic, effective resume that features you as the solution to a problem. Your resume is your ticket that leads to being invited for an interview where you can expand upon your value.
You’re Hired! Resume Tactics – Job Search Strategies That Work, offers resume writing tactics to maximize your job searching effectiveness and get you invited for an interview.
Are you new to the workforce and think your resume is on the lean side? We share tactics to leverage your academic experience.
Or perhaps you have been out of work for a while? In many ways it’s like getting out of school all over again and poses challenges on what experiences you can leverage to your advantage.
Maybe you are at a crossroads in your life and are changing careers? Will your earlier experience be of any use in a new career? We think so.
An effective, eye-catching resume increases the chances you will be invited to interview. We show you how to craft and fine-tune a magnetic resume that will attract an employer’s attention.
Resumes are still the not so secret weapon to landing a job.
You’re Hired! Resume Tactics – Job Search Strategies That Work puts you to work in learning how to use ‘best practices‘ to create customized resumes that increase your chances of winning an interview.
The content is excerpted from You’re Hired! Job Search Strategies That Work, with bonus articles covering a range of frequently asked questions about resume writing as answered by the author.
Hiring managers are under pressure to hire the right candidate. Your task is to become the only choice. The right choice!
Do any of these points resonate with you?
- You are tired, bored… of your current job and want to secure a better, more rewarding job than the one you currently have.
- You want to land your dream job in the field of your choosing.
- You are new to the work force and are looking for a great first job.
- You are returning to the workforce after an extended absence and want a job where you can use your life experiences.
But just haven’t managed to because…
- You’re not sure how to update or even create a resume.
- You haven’t a clue as to where to begin.
- You feel nervous about going for a job interview.
- You lack confidence or feel that you aren’t good enough.
- You’ve had bad experiences with job searching in the past.
- You don’t know how to get references.
- You suffer from imposter syndrome, feel embarrassed, too old, too young, too whatever…
From the Author Rae A. Stonehouse…
Don’t make the same mistakes I made…
Mistake #1: Having a curriculum vitae style of resume, rather than a modern, functional one.
Mistake #2: Not having a thorough understanding of the job requirements before interviewing.
Mistake #3: Not having influential, easily accessible references in place.
Mistake #4: Not being prepared to strategically answer questions in the job interview that highlight you as the best applicant.
Mistake #5: Crafting your resume in a way that highlights your needs rather than illustrating how you can solve a problem for the employer.
Don’t struggle on your own! I am here to help you!
Here is what we will be covering in the book…
This program provides strategic techniques to maximize your job searching effectiveness, such as:
- How to use best practices to craft & fine-tune your resume
- How to target your resume to a specific job
- How to write an attention-grabbing cover letter… or not
- How to market your transferrable skills
- How to factor keywords into your resume for better results
… and much more!
Here is a sample:
Note: This audio book has been narrated by Mike, a Google Artificial Intelligence.